Friday 1 March 2024

Paper Towel Picasso: March's Floral Fantasy Unfolded! - by Amy

Hello Everyone! I can't believe it's already March! 

I'm absolutely in love with the whimsical watercolour palette of this month – the March Palette Play - the colours are just so beautiful. 

As soon as I saw these colours, an idea sparked in my mind, and I decided to try something a bit different. Can you spot it? I used kitchen paper towel as the perfect base for the wet mediums to achieve this whimsical watercolour effect - making the process not only easy peasy but also incredibly fun!

But before we dive into the creative process, let me share the colour palette for this month's Palette Play.

Starting with a good-quality paper towel is crucial. It allows for the absorption of the wet mediums to be applied later. 

In no particular order, I added splashes of colours to my work area, then placed the paper towel over them, repeatedly applying until I was satisfied with the coverage. After a quick drying session or a speedier option with a heat gun, I was ready to piece together this page.

Here are the products I used:

To finish off the page, I added Charms Creations cloud and used various embellishments from my stash. 

Be sure to check out these close-ups!


Thanks for stopping by and happy creating!

Amy 😀




















No comments:

Post a Comment