Saturday 2 March 2024

March Madness already - Childhood Memories (ATC)

 Welcome to Saturday.

I can't believe March is already here and we are starting the countdown to chocolate.. I mean Easter.

Today's share is another ATC. 

Prompt 9: Childhood Memories: illustrate a cherished childhood memory.

I really didn't know what memory I wanted to share but I had some images in mind so that is where I started. 

Among the Clouds

I started by colouring the ballons on the stamp with oxide inks - just used a paint brush to brush the ink onto the spots I wanted and then used the black stazon for the girl. 
I stamped it straight onto the paper doiley. 
I then highlighted the balloons by drawing around the edges with black pen and then adding some white pen to add some dimension.
while that was drying, I created the background. 
I scraped some light modelling paste through a small diamond stencil. This stencil is randomly in my collection and I have no idea where it came from.
I then smooshed some Oxide inks (spritz with water) onto the page - Aged Mahogany and Rusty Hinge.
I used some gel medium to adhere the doiley and when I did it I wanted to make sure you could still 'see' the diamonds, so I used a generous amount of gel medium and pressed it down. 
I finished it off with some.. 
yep you guessed it, Stitching and a quote. 
I definitely feel this reminds me of childhood. Who hasn't played with balloons. 
the final image:


What it looks like in my ATC album. 
I love the contrasts of the pieces in this book that comes from this process of following prompts and just creating.


next week I will be back to share my take on this month's Palette Play. 
a little sneak..
I know right.. looks totally different for me.. 

Supply list:

until then.

Live with Respect



Leanne xo






No comments:

Post a Comment