Saturday 9 March 2024

March Palette Play and this weeks ATC

 hi all and happy Saturday.

This week I am going to start with sharing my process for creating a scrapbook page based on the March Palette Play - Whimsical Watercolour. 

I must admit the printed version of this palette that I was creating from was quite a bit more wishhy washhy. but it still fits. 
What stuck out in the palette - the circles and the watercolour effect. 
So, I started with a background piece from the Heidi Swapp Emerson Lane collection and swiped different sized circles with some Liquitex Modelling paste (using a circle stencil). I initially started towards the right side but then increased it and went all out....
While I was waiting for the paste to dry, I started on the image bundle. 
I stitched on a Teresa Collins Photo Overlay directly onto the photo 
(oh I know the horror.. fancy stitching directly onto an image). next i added some HS memory files, vintage instaframes, a 'Spectacular' rub on, and some puffy alpha stickers (oh as per usual, supplies list at the end). 
did you notice that when I trimmed the pattern paper I deliberately left the strip at the bottom for something extra. 
Whoops forgot the process photo.. so, moving along.
once the modelling paste was dry, I added some NeoColour and Dina Wakley Scribble Sticks to the circles making each one slighly different and added some water to create that watercolour look.
the next step was to add some stiching... yep if you haven't worked it out yet I love stitching onto any piece I create. 
after adding the stitching the background just .. wasn't doing it for me. 
so, i pulled out some Rubons from 49 & Market - words and spectrum gardenia extras. 
the circle shapes of the rubons will help to form the base of the photo stack. 
you can see I left the middle part empty - why waste some rubons etc when it was just going to be covered up anyway. 
finally, I added some layers of stuff - ribbon, washi, frames, ephemera bits, acetate leaves, transparent wings, pianola paper. And added some ink where needed to the ephemera - Distress Oxides of course. 
and that is about it... Lots of items added for me = lots of close ups...
"Spectacular" 







the whole image:

Thoughts???? 

and of course, what is a Saturday without my take on this weeks ATC prompt:
Vintage Vibes: create using a vintage or retro feel.

I couldn't decide --- Vintage ... or... Retro..
so, I mixed them!
"It Can Be Filmed" 
This one was so so simple. I stuck down a bit of a vintage Butterick pattern. 
Then imaged transferred a Retro feel magazine image and once dried - stitched around the edge of the ATC (keeping up with my rules of engagement that I set myself at the start of the year). and then added the title. 


and here this weeks ATC in the ATC album/book. 


must be getting close to having to create a new album....

Supplies List:
Spectacular:

Vintage Vibes:

thanks for visiting
until next time
Live with Respect



Leanne xo






No comments:

Post a Comment