Saturday 30 March 2024

Flora and Fauna ATC

 Happy Saturday all 

It's the Easter Saturday today. I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend and are able to relax a little. 

Today's share is my take on this week's ATC prompt. 

Flora and Fauna: focus on the interaction between Plants and Animals

I immediately thought of butterflies and leaves/flowers and gathered my supplies. 

I knew I wanted to use some honeycomb somewhere. So, I went searching for the honeycomb chipboard, but alas that was missing but I did find a chipboard leaf vine. So, I changed tac and went in a different direction. I gathered the honeycomb stencil instead and thought the acetate butterflies will go nicely. 
I started with the stencil and some modelling paste to create a texture background. 
Then I started on the Chipboard vine. I coloured the vine with Peeled Paint ink and then added some embossing powder. 
The embossing powder is one that I've had for ages, and I love what it does when added over some colour. It gives it a shine. 
the next thing was to colour the background. 
For it I sprinkled on Lindy's Magical Shaker - Cathedral Pines Green, added some spritz of water and let it do it's thing. 
I stitched the boarder of the ATC to keep up with my self-imposed rules at the start of this ATC journey.
Of course I had to add some stitching the butterfly. 
I then layered everything up to finish the piece.
Here is the end piece. 
Be Thankful 
I've added it to my ATC album/book. 
I also remembered that I forgot to share last week's ATC after adding it to the album. 
So, here they are both together. 
How is your ATC journey going? 

Supply list:
Until Next Week
Live with Respect


Leanne xo






No comments:

Post a Comment