Monday 9 July 2018

Chill Out Today with DT Katie Howard

Good Morning to you! I am popping in today to share a fun page using the gorgeous Crate Paper Good Vibes collection. Have you seen how fun this collection is, it is also really versatile, especially if you look at some of the patterns in small amounts rather than full sheets. Let me show you my page first...


I loved how one of the themes in this collection was about chilling out and also your "squad" so I started with these photos of my wonderful playgroup mum's when we were out for dinner. We have been friends for a long time given our eldest children (who brought us together) are all 19 now! Do you have friendships through your children like that too? 

I picked some papers, and there are lots with smaller patterns to make them almost as good as solids and I started layering with my photos, and given my photos were fairly neutral in colour I didn't have too much to worry about with colour clashing! The papers that I ended up using were : Flourish, Passion, All Good and Serious Fun.

For my background I used my distress oxide inks and the plastic bag smooshing technique and some splattering too. I used Worn Lipstick, Faded Jeans and Picked Raspberry as they worked well with the colours in the papers. I know I say this a lot, but these really are my favourite go to inks! 


For my title I created a small cluster at the top of the page and used some of the Good Vibes chipboard and a Heidi Swapp wood veneer word. I mean, sometimes you have to make life easy and  try not to be too clever or unique with your titles!


I created another small cluster of embellishments near my photo and used some more chipboard pieces for this. I didn't want to go overboard as the busy background already takes a lot of attention and I didn't want to compete.

Well, that is it from me for today. I hope you get the chance to scrap and play soon and don't forget about the Cyber Crop going on in the Facebook Group right now, check it out here.

Until next time, thanks for stopping by!

Katie x


No comments:

Post a Comment