Sunday 8 October 2017

XOXOXOXO with Melinda Sweetman

Hey, hey ScrappingClearly friends! Melinda here with you today sharing my latest creation for the design team! I was inspired by the products this time, starting with the background paper that I have used and am super happy with how this page turned out!


As you can see I have scrapped another wedding photo of mine and this is a photo of my Mum and I and I really love it. It's one of those candid shots and looking back now I have no idea what we talking about or what made us smile like that but I do love this shot!!

I have used a total of 2 patterned papers for this page but love the bright, light and airy-ish look of how it all came together.

I have pulled out my 2 butterfly punches and started punching butterflies from the "Sour" 12"x12" circles to get a range of patterns and colours and that's as much as I knew at the beginning of this process.


I decided (of course!) that I need a little mixed media in the background and reached for my Distress Ink and Distress Oxide Ink pads. I have used a combination of Squeezed Lemonade (DI), Wild Honey (DO) and Worn Lipstick (DO) and the packaging technique after a quick, messy coat of gesso on the diagonal on my background.


I ended up stitching through all of the bigger butterflies in gold thread after they had all been tacked down lightly, leaving the wings free to be lifted after they dried. I LOVE the dimension this creates and yes, it will get squished somewhat when it goes into the album but I am ok with that!


I fussy cut my title from the Citrus Bliss Insta Kit square overlays and really like how that sits and is quiet subtle.

My finishing touches were some Studio Calico chipboard sticker hearts (the text ones only) and some Studio Calico sequin dots. I made sure to use just the orange-y coloured ones for this page.

I did record my process and if you wish to see that just press play below and voila!


Oh, after the camera was off I did sprinkle some gold mist along that same diagonal line, ensuring I covered up my photo! No date stamp or journalling (I know, shocking, right?!) but since it is going in my wedding album I kinda know what date it was and most wedding layouts (I've discovered at least!) are more about the photos and less about the story.

So, that's it for me for my first post for October! I hope to get the chance to play along with both the sketch and the moodboard this month - I love them both! 

Until next time, happy scrapping!


Melinda

1 comment:

  1. What a divine page Melinda!
    I think it should spend some time on display in a shadow box before you squish all those pretty butterflies.

    ReplyDelete