Thursday 2 June 2022

Travelers Notebook - 'Believe in Yourself' with Emma Zappone

 Happy Thursday SC fam!
Today I share another TN with you.
This weeks prompt is 'toothbrush paint flick' or I guess just paint flicking.......
I love this prompt, it's fun. Check out the video for my pages here to see how I got my finish.


I kept it pretty simple, using 49&Market products mostly. I added a little strip of Tim Holtz Rice paper I have had in my stash for years. Then I lightly added a dry brush of white Gesso to soften the paper and background. 



I also added a Rubon from the Spectrum Sherbet 49&Market collection on the left side of the pages to use as colour palette for this page. Before I added the embellishments, I added colour with Art Philosophy watercolour inks. This was added in 2 ways, First with a toothbrush (the prompt) which gave a small fine mist of colour over the pages and then with my trusted flicking paintbrush which gave the larger colour splats.



The leaves and butterflies are from the 49&Market Spectrum Sherbet Acetate leaves pack. And my slightly dodgy title is a rubon from the same pack as earlier mentioned. Finally I finished the pages off with some black ink flicked over. I think the pages are relatively simple yet effective. 

Join me over on YouTube to see it all come together.



Catch you again soon.
Em xx





No comments:

Post a Comment