Saturday 10 April 2021

Only when she smiles by Tracey Thorne

 Good day beautiful people I have created yet another layout with keeping with this months moodboard and with an added twist I have used the Easter Cyber Crop Challenge #3 - sketch so lets get into the breakdown of how this layout was put together.

Firstly my two inspirations I drew from - 

 

I started with a base of white cardstock and to that I have used Dylusions paint in Vanilla Custard with added Texture paste & the Dylusions large stencil Slats. After this dried I felt it was a little too rich in colour and then added some plain tissue paper over the top with some Liquitex Matte Gel.

 

I have then added some pink. For this step I used Dylusions paint in Rose Quartz watered down and picked up with some plastic which I have then kissed the white cardstock where I will be layering my photo. I have then cut out some strips of Cocoa Vanilla cardstock to compliment the colours I have used on the page.

 

I have added a little more black to the page by using Ranger Ink and an AALL & Create stamp #441 Lotus Clusters. I have also cut a film strip using the Silhouette in a couple of different sizes. After cutting I backed the filmstrip with vellum so that it did not get too lost on the page with all the colours it was going on top of. For more interest I used some DMC cotton in aqua under my photo.

 

I opted to add a  little old with my new products ... I dug through my stash for a heap of Heidi Swapp vintage product - Aqua Frames, Pink Brackets and the acrylic title. I sanded the frames & brackets as they were a little too bright for the page. I have also added a few acrylic flowers to the page and some chipboard clocks. The epoxy hearts were from Crate Paper - Hello Love and the black words in the title were an old Basic Grey sticker font. I have added a sticker from Simple stories and have used Tim Holtz clipping stickers to help with the journalling. 


I hope you are enjoying this months moodboard and are gathering lots of inspiration from both the colours and textures of the prompt as well as the Sketch that was from the Cyber Crop. Don't forget we would love to see your creative makes - just upload them to the Albums in the Scrapping Clearly Share & Inspire group page.

Have a  fabulous weekend

tracey














No comments:

Post a Comment