Saturday 9 November 2019

ATC's - get a little bit of creativity happening.


Welcome back to the blog and for taking time out on the weekend to get yourself in the creative zone.  I have been very blessed over the past few months to attend some arty retreats and I am sharing some of my work from last weekend’s retreat on the Sunshine Coast of Oz. There is so much creative energy flowing when you attend a retreat or arty escape as I like to think of them. I cannot vouch for them enough to help refill your cup and recharge your creative energy.

I have created three ATC {Artist Trading Cards} all themed a little differently. An ATC is created using a background measuring 2.5” by 3.5”. I have used plain white cardstock as a base and have prepped each card using white gesso.


 Card 1 – I used Vicki Boutin water colour crayon in orange to colour the cardstock. Then I used water to disperse the colour evenly. I have then used a spot stencil and rubbed off excess colour.  
Card 2 – Vicki Boutin water colour crayon in pink was used. I placed a Kinder Kreations stencil on top and then wiped away the colour leaving the white resist.
Card 3 = Vicki Boutin water colour crayon in blue was used with the same technique as Card 2. I have used a spot stencil.


The next step was to choose stamping. I have chosen some Viva Las Vegas stamps. You can use any stamp of your choosing to add to this layer. For Card 1 & 2 I chose the stamps as part of the feature for the card. Card 3 I chose this stamp purely as a background stamp to add interest to the piece and compliment the lines that I would add to the card later.  


I have added more texture to the cards by adding another layer to each.
Card 1 Liquitex modelling paste was added using a stencil.
Card 2 Liquitex matte gel was added through a Kinder Kreations stencil
Card 3 – Liquitex modelling paste was added using a stencil.


After these dried I used my ALLS pencil to add darkness and shading to the cards. I have then added different finishing touches to each card.

Card 1 – I have added more stamping with the word mysterious. I have stitiched around the circle of the stamped image. I have coloured a small price tag and  added it to the top of the card. A face was glued to the centre of the card. I then added more black pencil and smudged it over the white texture paste using a little water. 


 Card 2 – I stitched a black border around the outer edge of the card.   Word stamps from an older set were added to the outer edge of the card. Finally I used some glossy accents to glue down some teeny tiny watch gears. 


 Card 3 – I stitched a black border on the card. I then folded a paper flower and stitched this to the card. I have used the stitching to create the stem to the flower. I stamped a VLV stamp quote to the bottom of the flower and have also added some Finnabair art stones.


I love that I have been reintroduced to these little mini masterpieces. The dimension and individuality that you can harness from creating each one is amazing.




I hope this has given you a spark to create your own little mini masterpiece. Until next week - have a fabulous creative journey. 

Tracey xx






No comments:

Post a Comment