Tuesday 3 May 2022

Waste Not by Tracey B

 hi everyone

I'm big on getting the most out of my craft supplies.   Any left over ink or paint gets whacked onto another piece of card stock to start or add to a background.

I was inspired for my first layout by the brickwork on this month's moodsketch so I started with some Light & Fluffy modelling paste through a brick stencil (possibly KaiserCraft)



I scribbled a couple of Neo Color II crayons (Periwinkle Blue & Purple) onto my messy mat  and used a water pen to add the colour to my page.   (the left over colour went on to another page to start my 2nd layout) 

I then added some impasto through a star stencil and while still wet, covered it with Nuvo glitter (Lilac).   

My mind set when dealing with glitter is to know that it's going to go everywhere so I just embrace the chaos!) 



I then die cut some Heidi Swapp Pineapple Crush patterned paper (Sun Chaser) and used the waste from the die cut for my 3rd layout.

I added some die cut banners, foam sentiment and star (possibly Heidi Swapp), Charms Creations star, wood veneer arrow and stars which I coated with black Posca, some washi and a KaiserCraft die cut partially coloured with black Posca as my title.

 


here's the finished layout




My 2nd layout - Gift that keeps on giving.

With my background already started with left over Neo Color II I added some Distress Ink (Picked Raspberry) and Distress Oxide (Dusty Concord & Kitsch Flamigo) and added using the packaging technique.


I cut out the battered flamingo pinata (the journalling gives context to this seemingly random inclusion) and added it to my layout.



I added a tag from my stash with a Pink Paislee  Citrus Bliss sticker snd some Amy Tangerine enamel stickers.   I finished off with some old Basic grey chipboard alphas and a Stampin'Up marker (Pink Passion) for my journalling. 

here's the finished layout.



3rd layout - Timeless Beauty

I stuck down the waste from the brick die cut onto a sheet of white card stock .





and then brayed on some Dina Wakley acrylic paint (Magenta & Blackberry)


I used a baby wipe to rub off some of the paint through a Prima stencil and used some Colour Blaste Paste (Lipstick) through a TCW stencil for another layer of texture. 


I then painted a chippie from my stash with some more Dina Wakley paint (Evergreen, Olive, Night, Blackberry & Fuchsia) before finishing it with a little white out pen for contrast.



For some finishing touches I added some Amy Tangerine enamel stickers, some Heidi Swapp Make Pretty Stuff stickers and some 13@rts In Bloom ephemera.


Here is the finished layout.



TFL
cheers
Tracey










 

No comments:

Post a Comment