Saturday 14 May 2022

Sunsets created by Tracey Thorne

Hello Saturday!

I hope you are all enjoying your day and filling it with creativity. I'm sharing my new 12x12 page today & hopefully it will help spark a few more ideas and add to that hum of creativity in your art space. 

 This was the beginning of the layout I created last week for Mother's Day. I was almost to the sticking down of the photo  and decided I was not happy, so I put this one aside and it has worked perfectly this week with the photo from my quick getaway from the long weekend. 

I have started with a base of 12x12 white cardstock. I have used my roll of tape to create a pencil drawn circle that I will stitch around a few times with black cotton.


After stitching the circle in place I have traced an AALL & Create stencil #116 Tre Fiori with a white crayon to leave a slight resist pattern on the page. I have used a wash of Lindys Magicals in - Oktoberfest Orange & Aged Copper with a large flat paintbrush and moved the colour across the page.


Once this had dried AALL & Create stamps from #396 Sewing Forever & #392 Memento Mori were added across the page. I have only selected parts of the Sewing stamps and omitted the ladies. this has given a muted and grungy look to the page. I have used the AALL& Create stencil #53 Florastella to add another textural layer on the outer sections of the page. Liquitex Light Modelling paste worked perfectly for this application as this is a fine stencil and I was only wanting to use portions of the stencil.


I have added ephemera from a Prima 6x6 pad I have had in my stash for a few years. I find little 6x6 pads have a lot of cute little elements that are perfect for layering and adding interest to a page. The little resin buttons I have coloured using the Lindys Stamp Gang magicals.

I have created the title using my Silhouette and have coated it in Glossy Accents to give it a nice sheen.
Prima Mica Powder in Cold Pink was used to give the typed journalling a little shimmer also.

 


I finished the page off by adding a black pen drawn border to the page.


I hope you have an excitingly creative weekend 





No comments:

Post a Comment