Tuesday 1 December 2020

I think I can by Tracey B

 Morning everyone

I don't know about you but I have my go-to style & products and just sometimes I feel my mojo is not playing the game.   That's when I look at all the wondrous stuff in my stash and pull out something I haven't used in ages.

For the purposes of this exercise, Dylusions  Ink Sprays got the nod.   I hardly ever use them and I'm not entirely sure why.   Instead of just spraying them on I decided to do something a little different.



I started with a pad of Prima water color paper and some random glasses and a bowl.   I pre-cut some masks out of scrap paper, placed my crockery onto the pad and then spritzed around it all with some water.




I then opened opened the bottles of ink and dipped in an aqua brush to pick up some colour and transfer to the page squeezing more water from the brush and spritzing again as needed.    I got some unintended bleed under the glasses but didn't worry about it.

Add just because that is the way of the world, I knocked over an open bottle of ink.   Luckily just onto my messy mat so I quickly grabbed a syringe from my stash (knew that would come in handy one day!), sucked up most of the spilled ink and squirted it back into the bottle.   I then splurted (that's a word, right?) the residue in the syringe onto my page.   Waste not, want not! 






I then deliberately dropped a little ink onto my mat and picked it up with the rim of the glasses & used them to stamp some circles.   I masked some of my circles and then added additional stamping.


I matted my photo, added some strips of paper a title and some embellishments and I was done.

Products I've used include

Prima 12 x 12 water color pad
Dylusions Ink Spray (Bubblegum pink, Squeezed Orange, Pure Sunshine & Lemon Zest)
Aqua water brush (similar to this)
Syringe
Carabelle Studio Stamp (Mixed Media Strips)
Wendy Vecchi Archival ink (Sunflower & Tiger Lilly)
Heidi Swapp Acetate Words
washi tape

Have a great crafty day

cheers
Tracey


No comments:

Post a Comment