Saturday 1 August 2020

#Circa 1980ish

 A new month sees us with a new moodboard and this one is a cracker. The colours are so versatile for all types of creativity... who doesn't like a bit of yellow and blue? Instead of the grey I wanted to test out my new coffee Izink ... but there will lots more creating for me this month so I will have a play with the moodboard again next week.


To create my layout I started with a base of white cardstock and to that I added some Izink dye spray - coffee - by spraying it on a piece of plastic and then pressing it on the page. I then did the same process for Art philosophy watercolour - ginger. 


I then went to my stash of ephemera - all that stuff you get in a pack but forget it is there - and started pulling out lots of kraft and brown toned tags & labels. I did a bit of paper shuffling to work out what shapes I needed and put them on the page.


After marking out where my ephemera layers were going I took a pencil and lightly drew a rectangle on my page which I later sewed around a couple of times. I have used the 13@rts stamp - unforgettable with Ranger black ink . I have also added a splash of Art Philosophy watercolor - truth 


I have added a little more depth by choosing Prima Art Alchemy paint - plum preserve in a couple of places to highlight the layers & pick up those tones in the photo. I used a spot stencil to add a little more texture to the page by adding a thick layer of Liquitex modelling paste. I have added this to extend past all the layers when they are added.

 

I double stacked the photo and added foam tape to the top photo. All the layers of ephemera were added by popping them under the photo in places. I have used some Vicki Boutin stickers, Tim Holtz rub ons, Thickers foam alpha, Ephemera tickets, Cocoa Vanilla Boys Rule word stickers.




I finished the layout off by adding some side journalling and some black cotton under the photo.


I hope you enjoy creating with this months moodboard. You will find an album for you to upload your  entry into over at the Scrapping Clearly Share & Inspire Facebook page. 

I hope this has inspired you to dust off your arty supplies ready to fill your August full of creativity.

tracey 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment