Friday 3 July 2020

Hey Hey it's Friday!

Hi Everyone, are we all ready for the Cyber Crop tomorrow??? 
Very exciting and busy behind the scenes as Kylie and the team prepare a day of inspiring arty fun.
So I am here with a quick art journal share in my Dina Wakley 6x6 journal.
So here it is: 

"Let Art Get You Through The Dark"


The background was a painted striped number that I really disliked so left for ages! So I needed to revisit it and make it presentable.
The stripes were Dina Wakley acrylic paint in Sky, Cheddar, Blushing and Lemon.
I used lots of left over bits of book Paper and Scrap FX Ricepapers including my "Sketchings 1" and "Sewing" attached to the page using Gel Medium under and on top.
This made the page quite busy and chaotic.....not ideal!


So when the page becomes too much I needed to push it back....calm the chaos so to speak. So first I added a few scrapes of White Acrylic paint with a palette knife. That did not do enough so it was time for the big guns....Night Acrylic Paint and Dina Wakleys Stencil "Halves". I painted almost the entire page with night then placed the stencil over the top and rubbed the paint away through the stencil revealing the background through the halved circles.


After that was dry it seemed a little better and it was time to add a focal image.
I reached for Scrap FX Graffiti Peeps ricepaper sheet, added one of the figures to the page using the Gel Medium and the page was just about done.


All that was left to do was some scribble writing using a Posca paint pen in Black and white, and a quote/ title. I thought this quote was appropriate during these trying times so stamped the letters with an old alpha stamp set. So then I called the page done....it was not going to get any better anyway LOL! 

Products Used:

Dina Wakley acrylic paint: White, Night, Sky, Cheddar, Blushing and Lemon.
Scrap FX Rice paper designs:"Sketchings 1" & "Sewing"
Old Book Paper

And that my friends is me for today, I will be back tomorrow to join in the fun....see you then!




No comments:

Post a Comment