Monday 17 February 2020

A little goth

I have had this skull and wing set for a while now, just waiting for the right thing to set them up in.



 I used old book paper and glued them to the back of the frame with gel medium. My intention was to be able to see some of the script at the end......that didn't happen.


I then added some 3D gel and made little peaks in it with my palette knife. Let dry.


Set up your design.


I added a layer of impasto paint which is just coloured gesso really, to add some tooth to the pieces for the paint to stick.


Start colouring. I have used Alchemy metallique paint Black Velvet and 2 of the waxes. Rose gold and Amethyst magic.


It needed a bit more depth so I used these 2 new waxes.


Now some contrast.


Add some warmth with red and brass.



Thanks for looking

2 comments: