Saturday 27 February 2021

Say Cheese

 I have started going through a lot of my old photos of when the kids were babies - it is okay to still have those in a box even though they are 20+ years old now - right? Anywho time to create a little magic and note down some of those memories before my poor old mind gets the story wrong.... 

I have used a base of white cardstock and then broke into my stash of new product from the Scrappingclearly shop. I have stamped these awesome Jane Davenport Friendship stamps on to tissue paper with black ink. I have then prepped my white page by adding Distress stain - Worn Lipstick & Distress Oxide - Picked Raspberry. I have then used an Art by Marlene Mask with some gesso.

Once working on placement of the photo was decided I stitched a black border and other lines to add interest to the page before using Liquitex Matte Gel to adhere the tissue paper images to the page.

I have used different packs of embellishment tags and stickers to help build the layers under the photo. Some of these included - Cocoa Vanilla cardstock, Amy Tangerine stickers, Hambly acetate, Kaisercraft, Cocoa Vanilla mixed ephemera.

 

After building the layers and adhering to the layout I have used Fancy Pants - Golden Day stamps and Heidi Swapp - Make Pretty Stuff word stamps to add more interest to the page.

 

A Cocoa Vanilla Flair fit in perfectly with the colours of this layout.


American Crafts Thickers were added to create the title and hearts from the same pack were also added around the page to help tie in that particular shade of pink. I have used my watercolour pencil to highlight the stencil and help tone in the brighter pink with the wording.



I hope you have opened a few new packets of goodies today just like I have and combined them with an older photo that has been on your to do list. 


I hope this leaves you with a little inspiration for your weekend of creativity


Tracey














No comments:

Post a Comment