Friday 29 April 2016

Counting Sheep Acrylic Mini Album

Hi All, Peg here.
So.... I was challenged to step outside my 12 x 12 box this month and create a mini album, not just any mini, a clear one! Not my thing at all, it sat on my desk for quite some time until I had the wherewithal to tackle it. I put many hours of thought into how I would go about it until it occurred to me that I should treat it like a photoshop file and work in layers starting from the back. That way I could easily see what the next layer would add to the stack.

So I began by sticking all the pages to a Hambly overlay (the printed side) using binder medium which was the glue I had to hand. I left it for a couple of days with books on top but it made no difference, the acetate of the overlay didn't stick. Happily though, when I peeled it off some of the Hambly print stuck to my album pages, especially around the edges.
This was a great kicking off point. I chose a different Stazon ink colour for each page with the light colours first and the dark colours at the back of the album and stamped some swirls and rubbed the ink around the edges of the pages.
The story is about a particular very late night at retreat with some fantastic and mischievous friends. We laughed and laughed, even after going to bed.
My cover title and embellishments are Simple Stories 'Heart' cardstock stickers and some very old Queen & Co plastic flowers from my stash. Journalling done with a Motex labeller and Dymo tape. I used a little bit of Cocoa Vanilla patterned paper and some black cardstock for matting.
I did it! I scrapped a clear album and I like it. I especially love that this one stands up so I can put it on display!
Maybe I'll do it again some time too since there are so many other cool album designs in the Scrapping Clearly shop.

Thanks for coming by

2 comments: