Tuesday 22 August 2017

August Mood Board Art Journal Page...

Happy Hump Day... 

I don't know about you, but this winter has felt like the longest of my life, and its seriously got me feeling all blah.... I find it hard to get inspired when I leave at dark for work, and get home in the dark. So to get my mojo happening, I always turn to mood boards and sketches to get the creativity flowing.



I've started working in my new 8x10 Dina Wakley Media Journal. I usually create in the Dylusions Mixed Media Journal, but this one tickled my fancy with a variety of different pages in it to create on. Rather than just the mixed media card, it has burlap, canvas, cotton rag watercolor paper and kraft surfaces. 


When I'm starting a journal page, I don't really have any plan in mind, I just grab a heap of product that goes with my mood board or theme im going with and get working. I used one of the middle signature pages, as I wanted to make a double spread. 


You can see I'm a bit of a product junkie, and I love my Tim Holtz inks. I've used both the Distress Inks and Distress Oxides on this page, as well as some random house paint. 



I've used a super old Dina Wakley stamp, some random Stencils, old bits of book paper, the 'Magic Pencil' (Stabile Aquarellable), Distress Collage mediumX-press it glue, my Blending tool, some cotton thread, medical gauze...  


While this isn't a stand out page for me, my journal is a place I just throw paint and experiment with. I may never touch it again, or I might come back and add more elements latter... I dont feel the 'pressure' to make perfect pages in it, and sometimes its just a cathartic tool for letting emotions out.. 

What have you been working on it your journal? 
We love it at Scrapping Clearly when you share your creations with us!

Dont forget the Mood board and Sketch challenge is open for anyone to enter! Head on over to the album HERE and link up to be in the running for a store voucher.


Love and Light

xoxox

Skai














2 comments: